Meet Ms. Blankers
Hi! My name is Ms. Blankers, and I am so excited to be teaching here in Kingsville this year! I currently live in Lee's Summit, MO with my partner, Mr. W, and our pet rabbit, Hazel. I am originally from Blue Springs, Missouri. I hold a BA in History and an MA in Education from Truman State University, and I have a deep love for social studies education. In the past I have taught junior high/ high school social studies and high school math, and I have also worked in banking and accounting. In my free time I like to read, crochet, swim, visit art museums, and nap. I also really love rainy days, puns, post-impressionist painting, number theory, early twentieth-century social history, chocolate, elephants, and coffee.
As a teacher, Ms. Blankers believes...
- That all students deserve respect.
- That all students have the ability to learn.
- That success may look different for each student.
- That students can only be successful by being active participants in their own education.
- That our classroom is a space to learn, to try, to make mistakes, to be safe, to build each other up, to discover, to explore, to be challenged, to succeed, and to grow.